Thursday, November 13, 2008

My first sale!



I've sold my first bag to Kym's sous chef Matt (it's for his mother in Canada) today which is very exciting. Typically, I'd been procrastinating it for a few weeks until I bit the bullet, ordered the fabric, reminded myself how to put them together, and got on with it. I'm actually very pleased with the bag and Kym tells me Matt was very happy with it. Yay! The elephant fabric is by Sprout Design which I brought from Duckcloth and I've used denim on the cuff and strap, with the internal lining coming from a pillowcase I had. I think I could get into this...

Now, if you're looking at this bag and thinking 'hmmm... that design looks familiar', that's because it probably is. My sister is Beckybean and she sells her bags on etsy. She's been kind enough to lend me her pattern and show me how to make them. Perhaps I can become her 'Aussie sweatshop' and work from home while Jett is little...? This just may be my new plan!

2 comments:

Bec said...

Bugger, I just left a big comment that got swallowed up by Google.....gggrrrrrrr...

Anyway, the concise version was that you've done a great job on this bag - and my secret grand plan is that one day when the kids are in kindy/school we can run a nice little bag business instead of going back to work in the real world :D

Oh, and I also suggested you get yourself a Flickr account, so you can put all your sewing pics in one spot, and you can then also put a Flickr Flash badge on your blog if you want...just a thought :)

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Congratulations on your first sale! It's a gorgeous bag and I love your choice of fabric.

I've just been stalking your blog today, welcome to the blogging world!