Saturday, April 4, 2009

Eye Spy... a new development


Walking hanging on with only one hand... ta da!

What a super (and somewhat appropriate) theme for my return from the Whitsunday's back to blogland. So many new developments happening in our household...Almost walking, improved language skills (OK, I'm counting the 'UH OH' he has recently started saying), the lie on your back tantrum...

Jett also had his first birthday party last weekend which apart from my panic-stations with his pirateship cake (I had a moment last Saturday where I thought it best I stop and put it in the fridge to harden and get Kym to help when he was home from work), was a raging success - even if my attempt at pass the parcel proved a little long (with too many items wrapped up for short attention spans!)...

I still can't believe he's already one. Where did the time go??? He isn't walking yet, but these last few days have really seen him gain confidence and even attempt the 'one handed walk'. Very proud mother I am :D And how awesome is the ladybug he's holding onto in the picture? Thanks Bec! One of the many new toys Jett got for his birthday...

But now it's late and I'm too tired to go into details of the party and our recent mini-break - that's for another post. Tonight it's all about new developments :P

Thanks to Christina for picking such a great theme and head on over to Cindy's blog to play along.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a great achievement! Walking with one hand is a HUGE event - not long til running around, dancing, cartwheels...

Little Mary Moo said...

Congratulations all the goodness happening in your home. Nearly walking and first birthday parties are huge. That cake sounds wonderful. I do love that bug too and from the picture it looks like it will be a firm favorite for a long while yet.

Hot Fudge said...

One already - what milestone - and the one handed walking is quite an achievement. He looks so cute!

Bec has exquisite taste - we bought the ladybug's twin bumble bee for our Sydney granddaughter a few Christmases ago and now her little brother scoots around on it every day. They are as tough as tanks.

Christina Lowry said...

YAY! How cute and wonderful is that! I got excited when Cohen rolled over, I can imagine how excited you were to see this. Hope you had a great mini-break and hope the tantrums won't last too long! :)

Jemma. said...

Baby's first steps are so fun! It's the following ones that lead to the mischief that are a headache.

Anastasia said...

yeahhh thats too cute!! my niece had that ladybug pusher as a baby and she's 12 now...they still have it actually, such a cool design!

Cindy said...

This is one of the best developments! You have so much fun ahead of you!